Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Delicieux

Hope you all had a wonderful Easter.
Mine was a Yummy Treat!





First stop was Les Madeleines Patisserie, as I had mentioned in my previous post. I could not wait to get my hands on the Kouing Aman.



Les Madeleines is quite the buzzing joint in downtown Salt Lake City.
We admired all the stylish young gals with their perfect and trendy hairstyles.



Got my friend and I thinking about our own "do's"..........the one you all voted for was Look No. 3. I will ditch the sunglasses and maybe have my friend Couture Millinery help me with my choice of hats. As for the hair salon, I am considering the Franck Fann Coiffeur on 5 Rue d'Ormesson. He speaks English, which is a necessity for communicating about hair, and I hear he is a good hairstylist. OK, enough about hair.......back to pastries.

I met up with my family and we all enjoyed a cup of French coffee with a nibble of 7 desserts. They were miniature desserts full of flavor. The last time I sat around for hours, observing people, drinking coffee over good conversation, was New York City. It was a nostalgic and refreshing experience.



I was disappointed by the macarons. They were not bad, but not my favorite either. I am assuming it has something to do with where they were made.........in the States and not Paris. We will have to wait and see.



I did not try the "Paris Cupcake"....but who can resist a picture with anything that has the word Paris in it.




And then.....there was PERFECTION! Kouing Aman. Yes, they were caramelized on the outside, flaky on the inside, and sweet tenderness in the center. Thankfully they cost $4.95/each or I would have overdosed on these heavenly treats. I now have a "must eat" item in Utah.........



On Easter Sunday, my sister-in-law baked these multi-colored sponge cupcakes with "fluff" frosting. Another "must eat" when in Utah. My husband and I reminisced about them all the way back home....that's approximately 560 miles of sweet talk.

5 comments:

Sara Louise said...

It all looks so delicious!
And I'm so excited that my vote counted! Hope to see an after shot :-)

Karin B (Looking for Ballast) said...

Fun cupcakes from your SIL! They look good.

Something weird is up with those macarons in the picture, for sure. They look like they are not baked all the way and are sort of too eggy-looking on the cookie part to me. Hmmmm. I'm glad you enjoyed the Kouing Aman, though. They look good!

Sounds like a fun time! Glad you got back to CO safely.

Unknown said...

Oh that sounds like a great Easter!Full of sweets and cupcakes!:-)))I will be delighted with the choice of the hat :-)))
Thank you so very much for your kind and wonderful wishes on the opening of my Atelier. :-) I promise to make a post with lots of pictures about it very soon.Wishing you wonderful, sunny and happy weekend!:-)

The Simply Luxurious Life said...

Oh, the Kouing Amans look delicious based on your description and picture. Sounds like a lovely day was had.

PeterParis said...

Regarding the macarons... It's surprising how, even using the same recipe, bread, cakes, pastry ... can come out differently from one country to another.